Bean-based comfort

Slightly less exhausted this morning. Walked home from Lorraine's house, stopping at Sainsbury's to get some meat and fresh herbs for my bean jar. Then got on with some French work in the morning, which took about twice as long as it ought.

House cold, but the cooker busy with bean jar all day took the edge off. Lorraine has lent me one of those small convection heaters that warms your ankles at the desk so all is well. Used facebook to propogate the PK bean jar. And my bean jar did not disappoint when ready. It does fill the house with a lovely smell when it cooks.

Chased payments, with my old agency the worst offender as usual. I may be working in the same building next week for a different agency, however, so I can lean on them in person.

Worked on poetry, as Skelton seemed like too much of a rockface today. It is frustrating because the new version is so much better, but I can't seem to get a proper run at it.

In the afternoon to meet Betty and Mark for a wash up meeting. We met at the Marlborough, but none of the theatre people were there to corral and discuss the theatre's availability with, so we walked around the corner to little red rooster and discussed our options over coffee. New plan is to put on Wrong, plus two new half hour pieces in June. This gives us time to prepare a new show, ditch the first half and write some new bits. I have in mind a spoof SF piece, as a companion piece to Wrong. When I can I will post up the zombie sketch 'A bite to eat' here.

In the evening popped into the Evening Star to meet Richard and Steve. But after one pint I felt exhausted and came home early. Steve was telling me he is in a 'psych swamp groove' band called Sumerian Kyngs who have a gig in a week or so, which I would be interested to see. Steve also knows my old friend Dr Spacetoad well. It is a small world.

Comments