Game on

Woke up at 6:30 with my mind full of a fully formed lyric for the Sumerian Kyngs. It is called The dance of horses, and I simply got up and wrote it down and it was done in two minutes. It certainly is deranged enough for the Kyngs (stimulated by cave art I have been reading about). I sent it to Steve before 7am, and he wrote back at 9.00am saying they would try it out at their next rehearsal. Left me feeling I had done a day's work before most people get started - but there is always the possibility that in a day or so I will realise it is complete rubbish.

Working on the short Skelly in Guernsey story. Followed by another lively session in the gym. Enjoying the rowing now. In the late afternoon did some work for the French agency - a balanced and altogether satisfactory day. Perhaps it is the spring, but I feel like a kid in a toyshop at the moment.

This evening sloped down to Lorraine's house for a nice shepherd's pie with Lorraine and Betty. Lorraine served broccoli with it, over which she had squeezed lemon. Really nice touch that brought out the flavour.

Below something about this invitation made me snort decaf out of my nose. Something which I don't think has really happened to me before.

Comments