Two turkeys

Another good night's sleep, this time without drugs. Weighed myself this morning, on Lorraine's prompting, and pleased to learn that I have now lost the equivalent of two turkeys - 9 kilos (almost 20lbs) this year. Quite pleased to learn this as I worried that I had simply put weight back on during the play and so on. My target is 20 kilos for the year, and I seem to be on track.

In the afternoon off with Lorraine driving up into the Downs. It was a foggy day, and the horizon disappeared and isolating the trees against a depthless grey. We went to Alfriston, a perfect little Sussex Village with many flint walls, and visited the Clergy House which dates back to the 1350s. Lovely little building with nice gardens. Rainy and misty while we were there, but fun.

Lorraine drove me back home and I went to the Twitten meeting. Lots of chatting about poos (canine and human), nocturnal micturators, drug dealers, forming a reading group and generally having a laugh, which seems to be the normal business of the Twitten. Went to the Batty afterwards with Alex and Jen from next door, Alex's sister Charlotte and Justin from the other end of the Twitten. Met a nice guy from Toronto, who was a friend of Justin's. Anon arrived with a posse from his street, meeting about their street party to be held during the Royal wedding.

I returned home to do some bits and pieces, then met Anton for a late cheeky in the Eddy, as usual fun to catch up.

Below Alfriston The Star Inn, a detail of carving on the pub, The Church on the village green,and a glimpse of The Clergy House in Alfriston, oak beams dating back to the 14th century, as does the carving detail of the oak leaf.


































Comments