Ah-ha!

At the risk of sounding like a self-help book.... Over the last few years I have been in two modes. For the most part I have been positive, seeming to be lucky, and attracting good things into my life, and making enough money. Occasionally I been negative, and entertained fears of falure, poverty and so on. In this mode I become fixated on security, even becoming anxious about jobs that I could do in my sleep. Talking to Lorraine this weekend I realised that since the middle of January I have been driven by the negative motor more often than the positive one.

So today I simply decided to swap motors. Even when the train I had boarded simply broke down before it left the station, I kept a smile on my face. Once at work, I decided to be as positive as possible with the new Van Gogh-alike creative director, and was rapidly rewarded with the first smile I'd ever seen him have. Working with him we cut through the remaining work in minutes. A happy client.

Then I called in at my old agency in the same building, and instead of exploding with anger, I approached them in a positive and friendly way. Just as well, as it turns out they had paid me last Friday, but to a sort code I had supplied in error. At last that is being sorted out. Additionally I was paid for my Atrial Fibrillation work I did for Pat's agency on Friday too. So I am bouyantly solvent. Also was phoned by the French Agency who liked some work I had done for them at the weekend.

Then in the middle of the afternoon, all pitch work done, Keith told me to go home. As I was being carefully released back into the wild I called out a cheery goodbye, and to my suprise was given a spontaneous (and non-ironic) round of applause by everyone in the room.

Home and looking forward now to getting on with PK stuff. Late in the evening toddled off to the Batty for their pub quiz where I met Ronnie from the Twitten, and some of her mates - including one who was a murder detective. We came second again. But a spot of harmless fun.

It seems Spring arrived today, both in the weather, and inside me too. Amazing how, time and again, I seem to have to learn exactly the same life lessons.

Comments

Very inspiring post, Peter.
Peter Kenny said…
Cheers Mark! Hope all is going well with you too...