Tender buns

Off for an early whole body massage today by the lovely Jewel. After an hour of somewhat painful but hugely beneficial stuff I found it took me almost half a minute to get up from her couch. She had spent some time working on my buns too, which were surprisingly tense. Never occurred to me that you can carry tension in the buns, but surely they are better clenched up than hanging behind you like curtains.

Home, feeling beaten up, and went straight to the sofa where I spent the rest of the day, with Lorraine and Calliope watching random TV about Auschwitz, WW2 bombers, Arvo Part, The Incredibles, etc. etc.

In the evening off to the Red Snapper as it was Cath's birthday, and we had some pleasant Thai food, with nice folks. I managed to inhale a chili in my hot and sour soup so had to barge outside choking, which was rather dramatic ( I was sat by the open door). The waiter brought me out a glass of water, which was nice of him.

Then got talking to Cath's friend Tina who is a music therapist, and I found her rather interesting. She works with children who find talking difficult or are locked in one way or another. Often these people can find singing a powerful route to self expression.

Comments