A release of tension

Train delays. Into work feeling irritable after what had already proved an almost two and a half our journey. However my working day was fine. Went out at lunchtime and it was sweltering. I did all the work and was left sitting on my hands in the middle of the afternoon and so, and rather amazingly, Keith released me back into the wild at 4:30pm. With all my French work done I was free and zoomed yarping like a seagull back to Brighton.

Stepped out of the train, and the sea air a welcome blessing. Decided tonight was a night for A DRINK. After feeding Calliope and attending to one or two bits was soon in The Basketmakers Arms enjoying a refreshing pint of cold lager with Matt and John. From there to meet Lorraine in another pub where she was meeting her pals Jess and Andrew. I like Jess a lot. She teaches children who are severely mentally and physically handicapped, and I am thinking of going in to visit her one time to learn more about what she does. Lorraine and I ended up eating late in an Indian restaurant. All good.

And so to bed in Lorraine's house. Except that at 3:30 people in a nearby house broke out the instruments and started a party with singing etc. Lorraine bellowing out of her window at them had no effect. Sleep arrived mercifully soon however.

Comments