Back to the Basketmakers

Woke up after dreaming I was visiting a new Channel Island a little to the north west of Guernsey. It was almost flat, and very French, and its waters were full of beatiful fish I'd never seen. Then I was on a ferry which ran into a suddenly freezing sea, and I was the only person with a coat.

Once L and I were up and breakfasted off to the Supermarket, and went our separate ways. After doing a few essential things such as hoovering and straightening my house up after the flea traumas, and watching the sea mist roll into town from my study window, went back to the pub. For a belated celebration of John's birthday with Matt and Lorraine. Great fun of course. But I have officially now drunk enough for a while, and want to get on with stuff again.

The evening lolling about at home. To my distress, I discovered a flea on my trousers, which depressed me greatly. However I vacuumed a myriad flea corpses today though, so perhaps one flea does not make a summer.

Below in Ontario... Recieved a lovely note from Joan, who enclosed a photo of Toby playing the new game sweeping Deviation Road -- Washertoss. I'm not sure of the rules, but it is, naturally, highly-competitive. Toby throws like "A Carnie" apparently.

Comments