Empty cranium

A slow start, followed by a spot of shopping with Lorraine. People in the shops were driving me a bit mad, perhaps because I was a fragile after the pizzafest.

Met Matt this afternoon for quite a businesslike chat over a beer in the back garden of the Batty. He is writing Found now, based on some lyrics I wrote a few weeks ago for the Rainbow Chorus. The lyrics are, Matt says, sweet, and Matt has alarmed himself by writing something in E flat Major. He has a savage insect bite too, which had given him blood poisoning, and he has been taking horse pill antibiotics, but thankfully he was in better shape today.

Also discussed a piece for singing voice and trombone (which we are going to talk to my neighbour Mark Bassey about) based loosely on a monologue I'd written a long time ago about having a sinister double after talking with Toby who was studying Doubles in literature at the time. Matt and I also made a bit of a next steps plan, which we both felt rather cheery about. Lorraine joined us as we were finishing what had been an exceedingly restrained drink.

After feeding Anton and Anna's cats, Lorraine and I had a fun evening at Lorraine's house with Beth and Mark. After a great meal cooked by Beth, we ended up playing Uno and a board game called Cranium which I was a bit rubbish at, as by that point there was only tumbleweed and crows inside my cranium.

Comments