A surprising offer

Feeling utterly tetchy by the time I arrived at work this morning. However I meditated at lunchtime and felt rebooted afterwards. I was less tired today, and also less illish than I have been all week, which was nice. The afternoon much better and Ken and I getting on fairly well after a sticky start in the morning.

Rather surprisingly the nice new MD at the agency floated the idea of me becoming its creative director. I told him that I am having way too much fun at the moment, but if an offer came along with lots of singing and dancing girls attached I would have to at least think about it.

Naturally quite flattering to be thought of in this way, and shows that the work I am doing with them here is not completely wasted.

Home, having to stand much of the way on the train. Finally finished the Stieg Larsson trilogy. The end was excellent.

Then got on with some French work in the evening before going out to meet Anton for a drink. Calliope followed me to the end of the Twitten and as I waited around the corner for Anton, I could hear her heartbroken yowls. It is really atrocious emotional blackmail. It's like having a furry and teetotal wife.

A few cheekies with Anton. Just really nice to be out and shooting the breeze, and not commuting or working. He said that going to the beach with children is like going to the pub with a ThinkPad. You're continually on the lookout. A rather unusual analogy.

Calliope not home when I returned. I went outside too look for her and shook my keys, she was still waiting for me at the far end of the Twitten and raced back miaowing.

Comments