Amazon works my nerve

Despite Calliope's manic attempts to get me out of bed by attacking my feet, I managed to snooze in till 8.00am this morning. Fantastic, offering praise to my barbarous deities that it wasn't a London day. I busied myself with practicalities. A hair cut, thankfully not by walrus-face, combined with a lengthy discussion about the nature and habits of kittens. Startlingly, a conversation not initiated by me. Then a remarkably sweaty session on the hulk legs machine in the gym, and then home to do a smidge of French work, and various admin.

An Amazon page has already appeared for A Guernsey Double. Not sure how, but anyway as comments are already appearing on it, I have created an amazon vendors account. Linking the page to this account is proving problematic, but will result in an amazon window for the book, which is a good thought. As I set up the account, I marvelled at how much content there is, which to read thoroughly would literally take five days. How much time do they think people have? I wanted to simply attach the pre-existing page to my new account, and it won't let me. So I have mailed their helpline, as it was workin' my nerve, to use a Sprinklesism.

And there is fab news from Sprinkles: her cancer is in remission.

Also Anna uploaded a film of Oskar winning a race at nursery. The children were supposed to duck under a hoop and then make for the finishing line. Oskar simply tossed the hoop over his head and won the race. Inspired.

In the evening cooked a vegetarian chili, which Lorraine came by to help me eat, after booking a break back in Guernsey, repaired to the Batty for a cold beer on a warm night: of such little things is happiness made.

Comments