Amazon soothes my nerve

A note from Amazon today with instructions. The page for A Guernsey Double should be fully functioning in a week or so. More online form filling, then off to the gym to sweat on the hulk legs machine for half an hour.

On the way back, a long chat with my neighbour Wan. He is between jobs as a company treasurer. Instead he is restructuring his garden, a process which involving sacks of topsoil and rubble being moved and new sacks being delivered. His garden was the nicest in the Twitten already. The consequence of time on his hands.

A text from Anna today, who has just got new coaching job, which she's really pleased about. Also phoned by Keith - back up to the smoke next week, but mercifully not on Monday.

In the evening I went to the North Star for a late drink with Glen Capra, or Glen 'Fingers' Capra as I like to think of him given that he is a fabulous pianist, and played in This concert etc. Matt and Wayne were also there, and a man called Richard who was chatty and friendly. Good to see Wayne.

Glen, Matt and I discussing making a proper demo recording of This concert, as technical glitches affected all our recordings, if you can count Glen's laptop being stolen while on an examining trip in Northern Ireland as a technical glitch. Basil in the choir recorded it too, but while you can hear all the instruments, but I sound as if I am talking through a sock in a different room. Meanwhile the camera mysteriously stopped filming so we have little visual record of it apart from a few photos. I have been cursed by this kind of thing all my life.

Matt also not too far away from finishing Found - the song for the Rainbow Chorus. Very excited to hear what Matt's done with it. Be the first time I will have heard a song to which I have written the lyrics (apart from the sung bits in This Concert).

Nice to be lurking with friends on a Thursday night.

Comments