Night yowl

Colossal cat fight just outside my open window at about 3:30. Made me jolt awake, as Calliope and some other cat wailed at each other like Satanic babies for a couple of minutes, before the violence started abruptly. Calliope returned soon after full of smug purrs, so I think she won. This kind does my sleeping patterns no good at all, and must have woken neighbours too.

Work fine today. The train palpably hotter as it approached the great furnace of London. Arrived at the agency, and simply got on with things. These days people seem to be happy to leave me to it. I end up as art director and writer all in one, and I prefer this. My work went down well, and all satisfied. Strode off at 5:30 with the sense of a difficult job well done. Luckily for me Keith is using me more, as I told him I was in the business of doing work, which is good for the Kenny coffers.

Listening to the interminable Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest again on my iPod. Halfway through the third part of the trilogy now. I have to finish it, but it is laborious despite being sometimes absorbing.

Home reasonably early and - shockingly - the trains were only delayed by ten minutes this morning, and by nothing returning home. When everything runs as it should, the commute is bearable.

Calliope usually runs up the Twitten miaowing when I come home, or thunders downstairs as I open the door. Today however she ignored me, and carried on snoozing. I felt like yowling in her ear.

Tired tonight, but finding it difficult to relax. I need a holiday.

Comments