Fantastic voyage

Lorraine drove me off to hospital today after I had employed a home enema kit. Not too long later I had the dubious pleasure of having a tube inserted where the sun has never shone. I had a splendid Irish nurse, and when not jabbering to her in Woody Allen mode, I was eyeing the screen which was showing a movie of the world's pinkest tube train journey as the camera moved up inside my guts. It reminded me of that movie The Fantastic Voyage, where a submarine is miniturised, and injected into someone's body. It's not a movie I wanted to be in, but still a fascinating experience. The most uncomfortable thing is that they pump you full of air, which is disconcerting.

Then wheeled out, given a cup of tea, and released back into the wild, having been told that they'd seen nothing of note. Every single person who dealt with me at the Royal Sussex County Hospital was pleasant and efficient. Lorraine waiting nicely for me in the waiting room and we pushed off. Being bloated with gas is not a great thing, and I was in the car park when the first of it released, soiling my pants with what turned out to be Vaseline. One of the reasons Lorraine is so top is that she takes stuff like this in her stride, and doesn't simply gag and drive off at high speed.

Home and showered, then off to shop. Went with Lorraine and bought her a birthday trinket, a green ring, from one of her favourite shops. Then we had a quick coffee with Sam, then shopping and back to her place to tidy up and get ready for the evening. Beth and her pal Kayleigh helped Lorraine cook up a lot of Indian grub. Anton, Anna and her brother Mark came around bringing Klaudia and Oskar who watched DVDs until they slept. Good to see Mark who I've not seen for some time. And sitting about forking down lovely food, and chatting to good friends, was a great end to what had been a surprisingly good day.


Comments