Easter rant

Driving about shopping in DIY and some interesting furniture shops with Lorraine today. These kind of shops open on Bank Holidays as the non-God bothering folks in the UK see Easter as a signal for home decoration. Eventually stopped in a little cafe in Hove for coffee and a bite, which was fun.

As you know, I rarely look away from my own Pooterish existence in this blog. But the current crisis in Catholicism sends me apoplectic. How can these people dare to pose year after year as guardians of morality when they are actually causing lifelong damage to children in its care, or at best turning a blind eye to it? If Christ was alive he would storm straight into the Vatican, standing out against all the gold and opulence in his workmen's clothes and turn over their filthy tables and shame them. No wonder people would rather spend their Easter choosing bathroom tiles.

Later Lorraine and I went out to the Eddy to have a fast drink with Anna, Brian and Brian's pal Stacey. Quite lively in there with some themed party going on, with people dressed as land girls and dad's army soldiers. Lorraine and I then pushed off to another party (yes we are that cool) in a trendy club called Koba, where there were a couple of rooms rented. Plush seats and a nice dancefloor to celebrate Tracey, a pal of Lorraine's, 40th birthday. Tracey, a nice woman I'd met once before, works in education but has a past in DJing, and did a bit herself during the night. The music was fairly remorseless drum and bass (some of which I quite like) but after three hours I found myself yearning for tunes and melody. Nice folks there but it was hard to talk to any of them due to the music-free throbbing.

Comments