Skeletons, Sea mist and Spacetoads

Slightly infuriating morning trying to get on with preparing to go into Downs School. Running out of paper and ink, and technology not cooperating.

Running late I jumped into a cab and soon found myself making a cup of tea for myself in the staff room, before being marched down into one of the classes. A quick chat with their teacher Mrs Kennedy, and children ran into the room, taking some time to settle. Sudden surge of panic, but after a slightly clunky beginning I read a couple of chunks of the story to the kids, and talked about being a writer and fielded lots of questions and began to relax into it. Managed to get to the end of the session, and I think it went fairly well. Using Mum's pictures was a massive help. Then up and repeating the experience to another class. Conversation took a different route here and I read out slightly different sections, and this was not so successful, but still okay.

Then I was shown out of the class and ambled out of the school feeling somewhat dazed and drained, and my admiration for teachers increased. I felt under prepared, and was more of a walking show and tell. I think I could have been a lot better, but as it was my first go it wasn't too bad.

Lurched home feeling much relieved and unburdening myself to Lorraine. In the evening had a long chat with Paul Francis (aka Dr Spacetoad) in Paris. He is seeing two women tomorrow: a clairvoyant and a karmic astrologer. The clairvoyant has news for him apparently, but the karmic astrologer keeps interrupting her when she tries to tell him. So it goes.

I took myself for a walk at dusk today down by the sea. Sea mist rolling in, making everything look gorgeous. Some snaps below.














Comments