Dolphin music

Working on poems again this morning, in the luxury of my study. Calliope continually barging about on my desk only slightly breaking my concentration. Then after a fair day's work doing bits and pieces off to an electronics shop near Lorraine to talk to people about radio microphones.

Trrained with Lorraine to visit Wayne and Matt in West Worthing. Smell of the sea as soon as you step from the station. They live in a beautiful building called Dolphin house, which had been built as part of an immense hotel which was never completed. Matt went through Lorraine's alto parts, and then looked at some of my cues for spoken bits in the concert.

While L was singing, I looked at Wayne's paintings. They were strangely involving and held the eye for ages. I was studying them in Matt's study while L was singing. One was a mazy interior of a pub, another of the two sides of a drag queen's persona, and another a gorgeous but simple abstract.

Then all off to a Nepalese curry house. Really excellent food there, and a bottles Gurkha beer, a smooth tasting lager, whose labels sported a stern faced Gurkha.

Comments