A sip of Yebisu

Being assistant to Lorriane putting shelves up in her new house today. I have little DIY confidence, but Lorraine just excellent at it. Reminded of my Grandmother at one point, standing on a chair with screws in my mouth. Been thinking of my grandparents a lot lately, due to writing poems about Guernsey, and I will dedicate them to their memory.

At one point we popped into a Japanese shop, where I bought a couple of tinnies of Yebisu, and am nostalgically sipping one right now as this was the beer of choice when I visited Hiroko in Japan with Toby and Romy. Nice older Japanese guy in there, saying goodbye to us in Japanese, after I mentioned I'd been there.

Watching the Secrets of the Solar System. Fantastic series. Today, talking about the possibility for life under the surface of Mars. And creeping about in caves looking at slimy organic things unpleasantly called snotites sliming from the cave roof and dripping with acid teardrops. Nice.

Toby called tonight, talking of weirdly warm weather up in Deviation Road.

Comments