Rudeness

Running to the station with a piece of toast in my hand. Reached the ticket barrier. A few seconds before the train left a man passing through the gate stopped and began a lengthy query. I found myself roaring, in an unacceptable way, Oh come ON! and barging past the protesting train employee, and leaping onto the London train with seconds to spare. Felt slightly ashamed of myself for this rudeness.

Trying to dial into a teleconference from the train, but this proved impossible. Turned out that when I arrived at the agency the call had been cancelled, but no-one had told me. Spent the rest of the day slightly peevishly reworking stuff after legal feedback had rubbished all the lines, and rather gratefully slipping from the agency after it had been presented and approved.

Then off to Edgware to visit Mum and Mas listening to The girl with the dragon tattoo on my iPod. Loving it although it is hard to say why.

They had discovered some beer lodged in the back of a cupboard six years past its sell by date. Even I didn't drink this. Showed Mum and Mas the score Matt had written, just because it is such an interesting thing, and we sat about shooting the breeze, and drinking some wine and eating a good deal. All good fun. Felt dead beat quite early though. And so to bed.

Comments