A housewarming

Feeling histrionic and overwhelmed this morning. Up early and struggling with one of the last poems for A Guernsey Double. Lorraine cooked a late breakfast and just after this, Anna came by with Klaudia and Oscar. The children made straight for my special wooden black box with skulls on. In it I have been secreting sherbet lemons, which were my grandmother's favourite. Recently I added some skeleton pirates and jumping beans. The kids left with sherbet lemon bumps in their cheeks, and Anna went to take them to the beach. Anton off walking in Norfolk with Martin.

Lorraine went home, and then Matt came by for a chat about the This concert business. Calliope sitting squeezed up to Matt and looking intently at the score. After Matt and I were done I had a much needed haircut from the annoying walrus-faced man.

Then to Lorraine's house, to help prepare for Lorraine's housewarming party. Broke off to consume, with Beth, Mark and Lorraine, an Ace special from Ace Pizzas around the corner, which seemed to have everything on it. And I finally had a chance to take a look at the video Lorraine shot last week of the first rehearsal.

Many people came, and Lorraine very pleased and relieved that everyone liked her house so much. Sam came too which pleased Lorraine (although reprehensibly swapped my iPod for his to provide cooler tunes) and a good time was had by all. There were folks from Lorraine's old street, and some new neighbours, Dawn, Cath, Matt, John, Lorraine (who I met the other week), Jan and Martin, Jess and Andrew, Mark's folks Richard and Glenda and many others. Lorraine's friends are a lovely bunch of people. The night ended at around three, Lorraine's house having been thoroughly warmed.

Comments