Work abates

Spoke to Richard on the way to work about our Doubles business, and heard at the end of the day that our paperwork is all done, and the application in.

I was left ticking over today, so I had a few minutes to sort out some of my French work. However this meant there was time for lunch with Matty boy in The Distillers an old haunt now with a French twist. Good to catch up with him. He is zooming between countries every week. We opted for traditional fare, I had a nice plate of sausage and mash, done rather wonderfully, and Matty had fish and chips. I drank sparkling water, and Matty on fruit juice. Much unlike the debauches of yesteryear.

I was allowed to leave 'Glamoursmith' early, with a genuine sensation of something lifting from my shoulders, despite enjoying the work and people there. Headed home cheerfully, despite the drearily compelling The Nightwatch on my iPod.

Lorraine and I went off to The Cricketers which was full of middle aged blokes and ladies dressed to look available. Off to our usual curry house where as usual Lorraine was fawned on. Ash has changed the menu and we had freshly cooked balti which was a distinct improvement. Home through the streets of Brighton and at last some rest... All good.

Comments