Up to the smoke

Crammed in a bit of work for my lovely French client, and received some handy advice from Ash with some top tips today on sourcing a digital printer. Caught a train up to the smoke, and then to Hammersmith. On entering my old agency's doors I bumped into the French Bloke who was also meeting Max and Matty boy, and three of the FB and Max's lovely children, all rather greatly grown up since I last clapped eyes on them. That bouncy Max is looking fab.

I went for lunch with Keith in the Distillers, and had a good agency gossip. Bumped into Mike Ferg. I told him he was looking well. He told me I was looking jowly. D'oh.

Then off to meet Pat and the French Bloke in their agency for a long chat and a coffee. Was a little early, so lurked about looking at the street Carl used to live in. And took the opportunity to talk to Richard by phone about A Guernsey Double. So nice to talk to Richard as I walked among each chartered street. He'd been going through one of those temporary glooms that affects all writers, which makes you look at your work and decide it doesn't add up to a hill of beans. In his case it this is an illusion, and I told him I was proud to be in the same book as him.

A good laugh with Pat and the FB over a large Americano. Both looking well, and sporting colourful shirts. Pat nursing a broken bone in his elbow, rather ironic that as a confirmed and expert biker boy, he managed to fall off a bicycle.

From there I walked through London down to Soho where I met Phil in our usual Soho boozer The Crown and Two Chairmen, for a fast beer and to discuss some business, and hear about his and Ash's new daughter Lilyanne. Flakes of snow drifting past the window.

Home and was pleased to discover what seems to be an offer of a couple of weeks work in my in-basket. The day was a great antidote to the feelings of stir-craziness that have afflicted me lately.

Comments