Grounding

Up early to work on some press ads about a French construction company for my French client. Interesting how they are forefronting their green credentials -- and expending great energy in reducing carbon footprints and protecting wildlife and so on.

After I did some work in my garden. The tree is dead and the decking rotten, and the whole thing looks horrid. So I spent a couple of hours cutting things back, and was able to simply pull the boughs from the ground as they were so rotten at the base. I have visions of creating a stand of lofty black bamboo there, and will pave the part currently covered in ratty decking. Felt very good to be working outside. Grounding.

Following the story of Ray Gosling, a BBC journalist who admitted on film to having murdered a lover who was dying in great pain of aids, and followed it up with a frank interview on BBC Radio 4's Today programme. He has now been arrested by the police in Nottingham. I don't know why, but his story didn't ring true to me. I'm sure this kind of mercy killing happens all the time, but to me his particular story seemed vague in detail, and seemed to me to have the air of an invention.

Below a no news day, so a picture of Calliope at my desk. Most days she spends time asleep on my desk, or making trouble by biting my mouse hand and headbutting keys. She is persistently attacking my feet in the middle of night too, the weasel.

Comments