Blunderbuss communications

Got to grips with my Guernsey projects this morning discharging a blunderbuss of email in all directions - the Chief Librarian of the Prilaux Library, to Catriona, the This is Guernsey website, The official Denys Corbet website and so on. Plus Richard of course, and copying Matt as I'd like to take This Concert to Guernsey.

A cold rainy day and I walked to The Brunswick at Hove to try to buy two tickets for The Dr Space Toad Experience show this weekend. Dr Spacetoad is Paul, an old friend from my days performing in the Troubadour Cafe. I have recently got in touch with Paul again who now lives in Paris. Annoyingly I turned up at The Brunswick slightly dripping and wearing an unflattering beany hat. The pleasant guys there told me that you can only buy an advance ticket over the Internet. I must have been looking particularly slack jawed as his colleague asked me kindly if I had access to the Internet, and talked me through the web page as if I were some sort of shaggy hunter gatherer. Sloped enjoyably home along the drab seafront taking photos.

In the evening I recorded six takes of myself reading the second half of This concert will fall in love with you and sent them to Matt. Matt's also asked me to write the words for a choral refrain based on the main theme of the piece.

Watched a documentary about children with selective mutism this evening - it is an intense anxiety-based condition which prevents the children from speaking. I found it quite heartbreaking.

Then my vision went weird and the familiar spangly sickle of a migraine started to flash in my eye. First one in a couple of years. At least it was bedtime.

Below "seaside fun", the wet bandstand, a wet groyne, and a random motorbike suddenly silhouetted by a patch of bright.









Comments