Gee Wisley

Off to Wisley, the Royal Horticultural Society garden today, about an hour's drive from Brighton. It's still inescapably winter, and it was dripping and rainy. However there were signs everywhere enticing us to the butterfly hot house, where they house their tropical collection. A small notice informed us that the Butterflies were few at the moment, but those that were there, were being photographed like celebs.

More fascinating was a chrysalis incubation case, where rows of chrysalis grouped in the different colours of their species were hanging down like coats on a rail, from greyish and leaflike to metallic golden. A couple of black and white Tree Nymph butterflies had recently emerged and gradually inflating their wings. It made me think of a library.

Then out and about walking in the grounds. Lots of big trees, Lorraine hugged a pine, but didn't like it as much as much as a broad leafed tree. Lorraine got me fired up to transform my own back yard. My tree is dead, and festooned with jasmine at the moment, but it needs to be taken out. At the moment I am favouring a stand of tall black cane bamboo to replace it. I will also rip out all of my decking this year too, and replace it with something better. God knows what.

Dinner tonight in Gars Chinese restaurant. Nice food, if over sweet and a pleasant ambiance. But judging by my itchiness afterwards, laced with MSG. Then home to boof on the gold sofa.

My fortune cookine: Success does not come to you, you go to success.

Below an owl, a postman, and a malachite at Wisley.





Comments