Peashooters

Bah to sore throat and cough. But no rest for the wicked, to Lorraine's house for a bacon and egg sandwich and to work, packing and cutting things to car carriable size with a vicious circular saw. Lorraine also has some paving slabs which I am going to use to replace my rotten decking, so I moved some of these about, and then when Sam came around, we all cuddled black bags encrusted with snails, mud and cat pee up to the car. Then to the tip. Some part of me quite likes gruffly saying MDF here mate? etc. to recycling men.

To Dawn's house, a few doors from Lorraine. Dawn had also invited Mark and Jane, Denise. Really liked Dawn's guests, Mark really likeable, Jane at one point describing what snow smells like and I wish I had my pen and notebook, Denise a really lively lady from Brum. Between courses Dawn supplied a peashooter game with proper cardboard tubes and animal targets and pre-rolled spitballs, which got rather competitive and out of hand as they were teachers. Delicious food too, including a triumphant lemon meringue (one of the three allowable puddings, along with apple pie and bread and butter pudding). Thanks to Dawn, Mark and I also talked about me going into his school with Skelton, which looks like it will happen later in the month.

A lively night in general, and I'd laughed a good deal. Lorraine and I tottered back to her place a little before two and we boofed into bed.

The only sinister thing to o'ersickle the day was Chelsea's loss to Manchester City. Nothing good comes out of Manchester.

Comments