Links and cycles

Busy making decisions about the A Guernsey Double book today. Catriona has pointed me in the direction of the Arts Commission forms and it's time to get started with a costing. I also found that asking my LinkedIn connections about sourcing digital printers and had lots of helpful advice within an hour. A revelation.

Snowflakes again, but they only made the streets greasy. Took myself out in the afternoon for coffee and a different perspective to my magic cafe.

In the evening Paul called me as he wasn't gigging tonight, and he and I spent the evening catching up in the Batty and swapping some headlines from the 20 years that have passed since Paul and I used to perform regularly in the Troubadour Cafe in Earl's Court. Paul told me about the long years as a wandering Troubadour himself, and what living in Paris is like as an artist these days, saying that Paris has a soul but its people don't. He also talked me through his Dr Spacetoad incarnation. Apparently he hosted a regular night in Brighton some years ago, and was something of a local celebrity. As evidenced by a random guy who'd been a fan, and enthusiastically greeting him in the pub.

Then we repaired home and shot the breeze about life in general till 2:30. It felt significant, I think for both of us, that we'd bumped into each other again. Paul's persistent sticking to performing was my path not taken. Interesting that now that I'm focusing on my artistic projects that he has reappeared in some kind of astrological cycle of happenstance. There is a comfort in meeting old friends.

Calliope shamelessly disporting herself on Paul's lap while we talked. She loves men that one.

Comments