Working on diabetes

Hard at work today on the diabetes stuff. The source material I've been given is very technical and my job is to put the common touch to it, guv'nor while trying to not get too hypochondriac. Confirmed too that I will be doing some work for a pharmaceutical client next Monday. Was also asked to do some more interviewing on sustainable subjects for On Track. So the wolf is backing away from the door.

It's Marcella's wedding in Westport on the West of Ireland this weekend. It is going to be great fun, and a chance to catch up with many old muckers. I will have to see if any of my suits fit. Naturally though, given that I have lots of work to do, as well as a trip abroad, I have a sore throat, and am dragging myself through each day feeling leaden and horrid. But I dare say a glass or two of Guiness can only prove a therapy.

Went very briefly to the gym, but felt a bit too wussy to do much. I arrived during a fire alarm which forcing folks outside in towels and swimmies to stand on the street. Was greatful not to be one of them.

Calliope sneaked into the yard this morning, and was up the tree in a flash. She scaled up to its highest twigs, which proceeded to snap, and cause much wild eyed scrambling. Fortunately after some minutes of me standing underneath, imagining Heath Robinson rescue engines, she found a way to scale down again.

Spoke to Lorraine this evening, her Sam has just got a tattoo of feathers on his wrist. Realised that I quite fancy a tattoo: a bird or a fish or maybe a flyingfish.

Comments