My birthday

A beautiful sunny day in Brighton. Leisurely breakfast cooked by Lorraine, including CFC branded toast. Lorraine then gave me a new manbag, which is fab and a CD by Arvo Pärt, Te Deum which I played thunderously this morning.

In the afternoon off into the country, and spent time walking under the downs in the warm sun and then into the woods, which made me feel extremely happy. Lorraine as usual hugging one or two trees. Noticing one tree with old carved names in the bark, and how time makes them unreadable eventually.

We stopped off at the Jack and Jill inn for an excellent pint of bitter and a late meal of roast beef which we ate outside in the beer garden which looks up the hill to the two windmills, who give the pub its name. All felt very English and comforting.

Lots of calls and good wishes all day, which was nice. Evening spent quietly with the kitten, who is sneezing and looking wussy and sleeping all the time, and is suddenly being very clingy. I may have to take her to the vet again.

I have had a brainwave about my Skeletons story, and solved a conundrum that had been troubling me for the last month: the way forward is suddenly very clear.

Below saw this happy sheep today while out walking with Lorraine. Made me smile. Not only does it have a smiley face painted on it, but it is actually smiling too.

Comments

Kate said…
I really like that photo. He looks like a baa-dass. (sorry)