The leaf treaders

Up early this morning, and off to the gym. Did a lengthy workout, following the programme I'd been given as best I could. Felt quite rugged and manly afterwards, despite feeling like I was walking backwards after I got off the treadmill.

In the afternoon off to find an Autum wood to walk in. I wanted to tread the leaves of the year. Lorraine, who is always up for this kind of thing, drove us to a wood she knows in Sussex. We walked past three English Longhorns, then up into the trees, and carpets of leaves. Collected chestnuts, and Lorraine seized the opportunity to hug a large English oak. Occasionally the sun gleamed through the canopy. It was wonderful.

From there, via a biker's cafe where we had coffee, to Amberly, a picturesque village Anton and I passed through on one of our walks. Had a very late roast dinner in the Black Horse, and a pint of Harveys. I loved the interior, colours and a tortured-looking horse behind the bar. The combination of Lorraine's company, beer, good food, a lovely traditional pub, and lots of exercise left me in a cheery glow.

Below an English Longhorn, in the woods, and inside the Black Horse.



Comments