Ordeal by powerpoint

Up early and straight to work intending to travel up to London this afternoon. However at 10am another migraine kicked in, and I couldn't see the screen properly. Luckily the FB couldn't make a meeting today however.

This was only a mild migraine, so after sleeping for two hours, the flashing abated and I was able to start work again for several hours. As I imported the last photo into the powerpoint document to finish the work, it crashed. Everything I'd done today was deleted.

Paused to rage against the gods, and place hands over Caliope's ears while swearing violently, then spent another couple of hours trying to remember everything I had done earlier. There must be a name for the rage you get when a file corrupts or crashes.

Had an emergency call from Anton. He was sitting in the car outside his house, as Klaudia had shut them out when he was loading the car ready to drive the kids up to Burton to go to Anna's Grandmother's funeral. Fortunately I have a spare set, and was able to give them to him at the end of my Twitten.

Lorraine came around in the evening to sooth my fevered brow, and buy some fish and chips before zooming home. It was the best part of the day by a long way.

Comments