The ping pong of love

Up to the smoke today again to meet the FB. Hung out in his office overlooking the river, getting some feedback on the work I'd done and talking about changes to the brief. Also laughing about a line in an email he'd been sent of jokes from the Edinburgh festival: "I like Jesus, but Jesus loves me. So it's kind of awkward."

Bouncy Max popped up to see me when I was there, looking very healthily pregnant, blooming with what will be their third child. Lovely to see her, and watch the eternal ping pong match that is Max and the FB's conversation: each returning the other's quip with as much danger or extra spin as possible. It's important to not get in between this or you can end up getting into trouble. I remember a nasty incident walking through a London square when they started an unpleasant game of pressing one another's bladders.

The FB however was looking into at a tsunami of work so I left him to it. And returned home with new things to think about. And cheery about it being a Friday.

Started a slow cooked a chili con carne. I expect everyone else knows this but I added cumin to mine this time, and it really helped. Lorraine came around in the evening to help me eat it and drink a bottle or two of Corona with lime.

As I went to bed, I discovered Calliope adding ambitiously to her repetoire of tricks, by attempting to drag the shower curtain downstairs. The weasel.

Comments