Déjà vu and the French Bloke

Up to the smoke this morning on my old commuter train, which is busier than ever. I was heading up to do some work with the French Bloke. Although working for a different agency to the one we worked at, his new one is based in the same building. Walking the familiar route from Baron's Court station through the graveyard, I fortunately experienced no sense of stumbling towards the baleful eye of Sauron.

Naturally, the FB was well over an hour late. So I waited in the work's cafe waiting for him to arrive, saying brief hellos to Mike, aka the Gnome, and the Bibster who got engaged at the weekend. Also found a few minutes to work on a poem. Then up to the FB's office to talk at length about diabetes. An epidemic of diabetes is forecast for the next few years, with people developing Type II very early. After he'd briefed me, we went out to buy some species of pie in the Distillers. Things are going really well for him at the moment, and he looked great and was really cheery. Max is expecting another child (which will be the FB's sixth) and he has been taking his Winnebago apart and rebuilding it from scratch, the sort of ghastly project which is FB heaven.

From there straight back to Brighton to strap on my thinking cap. Calliope had decorated the place with shreds of paper in my absence. Later I watched a disgusting documentary about embryo sharks eating each other in the womb, and wasp larvae popping out of chemically castrated host caterpillars. Nice.

Comments

Kate said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.