The Bonetti game

A chilled day after a poor night's sleep. Woke groggily and let Calliope into the room, who hopped onto the bed, purring ecstatically. Then, before my head could boof back onto the pillow, she hooked me in the lip with a claw, which bled abundantly. Lurched into the bathroom to stem hemorrhaging, and discovered the floor covered in an entire unravelled toilet roll. The kitten spent time in the doghouse today, especially as her new came is cursor hunting.

We play a football game too, called The Bonetti* game. The goal is the kitchen doorway, and Calliope is always in goal. After a penalty attempt she will bring the ball back to me in her mouth, which is only polite.

The rest of the day taken up with writing about skeletons and poems, going for a massage (the woman can read muscle knots like Braille) and a swim and to the library where I got a book about Dolmens. Also bought a new combination padlock. After opening the packet, I managed to set it to a random number: cue ten minutes of increasingly less subdued cursing in the changing rooms in my swimmies, until fortune smiled at me and I chanced on the combination. This is how reputations start.

*Named after legendary Chelsea goalkeeper Peter Bonetti, affectionately known as "the Cat".

Below great save! and politely returned.






Comments