Vets and afternoon tea

Took two cats off to the vet this morning. Calliope for vaccinations and Brian, one of Lorraine's cats, for an injured tail. All in the car. Brian on the back seat in the cat carrier. Calliope left my lap to sit with her face a few inches from Brian, to quietly hiss in his face. Brian, three times her size, endured this with resignation.

Once in the vet's office, Calliope sat on the seat next to me looking interestedly about the place, and scorning all the other cats in carriers. She endured her injection with hardly a yelp too. I was very impressed with her.

Back home, after dropping Brian off at Lorraine's house, to the Twitten.

Katie called around for a chat, a cuppa and a danish pastry en route to London. Calliope disappointingly restrained, and didn't bite her once.

After a small spot of shopping, headed back to Lorraine's place to attend an afternoon tea being held by Lorraine's neighbours Angie and Patrick. There was another couple there Robert and Sophie, and Lorraine's nice pal called Dawn who'd brought a top carrot cake. Enjoyable, if slightly formal affair. Almost everyone there was, or had been, a teacher. I had to stop myself putting my hand up when I wanted to speak.

Walked home from there and spent the evening indoors watching a DVD of Hot Fuzz which was not only funny, but is recession-appropriate behaviour.

Comments