On stilts
Sedate day. Got up early to work. Then after doing lots of nothing Lorraine and I wandered about Brighton in the sun. I randomly wanted to go into a charity shop, and came upon a nice piece of pottery, which Lorraine said was a salt cellar. Turns out it was from Moulin Huet Pottery in Guernsey, not far from my Grandparent's place. So of course I bought it.

Then went to the Quaker Meeting house for an arts and crafts show, and met a friend of Lorrraine's called Mary who is a writer on subjects as lots of new agey subjects including a book on Reiki. I told her my story of sitting next to legendary guitarist Brian May of Queen when I went to a reiki induction many years ago. The large group were all made to introduce themselves, and I said I was Peter and worked as a copywriter. The facilitator went on at some length about what a creative job this was, and how draining. Brian May then said, "I'm Brian and I'm a musician," which was passed over without comment. I feel fairly certain that the facilitator had no idea who he was.

Then to the seaside, to the meeting place cafe, where I ate a flapjack and drank teas. After we came across two of The Top Bananas busking by the seaside. There is something splendid about these musicians on stilts. I took this photo of them earlier in the year.

Comments