Lorraine meets Mum and Mase single handed

Another unbelievably terrible night's sleep, goaded by the pain in my back. If sleep is a word that can be used about fitful snatches of 20 minutes. Makes you want to weep, and the night stretches endlessly.

After the Zombie dawn, did some work this morning. Also made preparations for Mum and Mase to visit. Had a nice afternoon with them mooching in Brighton and, as Mase had a taste for burgers, we hit the Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Then a bit of a wander in the sun, and ended up in The Mock Turtle for afternoon tea. This is always a pleasure especially when you stick to tea and not wrongheadedly go for Horlicks. Mum and Mase sharing a piece of cake taking smaller and smaller pieces down to crumbs.

Then home for a bit of quiet time. I bought a chicken and wrote a poem, which I am very pleased with. Was contacted about some different work today too... So from next week, all being well, I may be quite busy for a bit hoovering money into the Kenny coffers. Then had a small and welcome doze with the kitten purring on me.

Calliope naturally lapping up the attention from Mum and Mase who, falling quickly under her spell, did not to mind being bitten. Lorraine came by to meet Mum and Mase, and I cooked. In a swinish bastard fashion however, as I was chopping onions, the flashing lights kicked in and I had a migraine. I went to bed for a while, and Lorraine bless her had to finish cooking the meal, and meet my folks single handed. All went well, however.

As for me, I got up in my dressing gown once the flashing had stopped. After Lorraine left, I grimly headed for bed again with a fistful of drugs.

Comments