Yellow day

Decided an entirely new wall could do with being yellow. Felt a bit like Mr Pooter and his famous red paint in Diary of a Nobody but at least I managed not to paint the inside of my bath.

Anton and Oskar called around and we went for a mooch around town. Weather returning to type now that it was a bank holiday: cool and grey with some rain. We pottered about looking at various books and CDs and chocolates for a while. Oskar is such a golden looking baby, especially now he has caught the sun.

But returned home, feeling on the edge of a gloom. So on the last day of my holiday I kept busy painting, applying new coats of red and yellow, and listening to the radio. Also sawing dead branches off the small tree in my yard, and experimenting with a spray which cleans carpets and so on.

IM with Sprinkles who had her first day back at work today this evening. She was urging me to wear my Vera Wang for Men to work tomorrow. Seems a bit of a waste.

Comments