Maxed out


Bouncy Max was leaving to go on maternity leave, and me and the French Bloke (judiciously, as he was responsible for the said pregnancy) attended a leaving lunch with a large accounts posse, which also included Max the Mentor. I found myself happily sandwiched between the two Maxes and opposite the FB.

After work I hurried to the tube station, where I bumped into Mick. He was wearing his policeman's uniform (during the conversation I could see a young agency creative creeping past looking alarmed). I had not seen Mick since Paddy's wedding, and he was a great schoolfriend of mine. Mick has recently separated from his wife and claimed to be living near a leper colony in Brentford. We will go for a cheeky beer soon so I can establish the facts.

Then I zoomed up to Highgate in north London to see Sophie and Andros, and their bairns. Arriving was a bit of a relief as I was gripped by claustrophobia deep in King's Cross station, squeezing down a twisty passage crammed with people. And had to escape. When I finally got on the tube train it was really dehumanisingly crushed. Ghastly. At Highgate station I got off the train, and saw a woman being helped who seemed to be having an epileptic fit which added to the slightly hellish feeling.

Almost as soon as I arrived, Sophie and I walked off to the local supermarket, through the big woody park behind her house and talking about Buddhism. Going shopping with Soph reminded me of when we were students. Then we walked back to Sophie's house, and sat about for the rest of the evening shooting the breeze, and eating some of Greek themed food. I stayed late, and opted to sleep on their sofa, as someone had muzzled the seagull and I did not hear its yarpy Brightonward urges till too late.

Instead I watched a TV show called Shark which young Christof likes with Christof and Sophie, and then boofed out happily on the sofa which Andros had made comfortable for me with pillows and a duvet.