Garlic and guitar strings

Even though I got up early to work on my poems, there seemed too few hours in the day. I had a scrambled head so worked steadily for a couple of hours but achieved little.

However, I had a nice chat with Sprinkles, before sloping off for a walk around town, and to do some shopping. I bought a new shirt, some pumps, and a pair of leather sandals. Then some new guitar strings, which later made Bianca my white semi-acoustic sound better than she had done for ages. I gave the fretboard a long-overdue clean as well. Nasty how dirty it gets.

Also bought some tahini so I could copy Sophie and make some home-made houmous. I blended the chickpeas, tahini, lemon, garlic, olive oil and water and it tasted okay, although it seemed exceedingly garlicky, making me wonder if the cloves should have been cooked before and not raw.

Untroubled by vampires, I spent several hours editing the soundfiles. This interrupted only by chats with Mum, and Sprinkles again, who was telling me about hurricane preparations in Florida. She is on high enough ground where she lives, but an extreme weather warning means she can't go to work as this is near the seafront.

Then to bed, after watching a bit of a documentary about rock music on the BBC.

Comments