A tiresome Tuesday

Appalling dreams all night, woke up and had to turn the lights on at one stage to dispel the night terrors.

Nice note from Sprinkles this morning designed to cheer me up. And being on the train with Anton this morning managed to stave off the gloom for a bit. I realised today that I have some kind of stomach bug, which is making me feel drained and peculiar. Work a tedious slog all day, and left at 8:00pm after being given some extra work at the last moment.

However had a pleasant interlude: lunch with Max the Mentor who was telling me about her weekend in Cornwall and a romantic dilemma she finds herself in. All good gossip.

Also cunningly booked Friday week off to do more of the dragon walk.

Finally finished A short walk in the Hindu Kush by Eric Newby on the train going home tonight. Interesting but I agreed with one of Anton's friends who had said his attitudes were a bit maddening. Newby is very much a product of his time, depicting most of the foreigners he met in a very patronising way.

Home late, and pizza and sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon.

Below this photo of me was taken for work... by an ex colleague called Ralphie. It came through today, and despite the fact my eyes are going in different directions I am quite pleased with it as I don't look like an utter buffoon as I do in most photos. But then I am sure others might disagree.




Comments

Kate said…
There are lots of stomach bugs around, have some kip and lots of water. Hope you don't have near-fatal man flu! x
helloagol said…
Near-fatal man flu? That is a scream! I have my own definition of it, but I know where my crumpet is buttered...

Your picture is the pinnacle of pulchritude, honey. (wink)
Anonymous said…
Newby is definitely a product of his time. But try "Adventures in the rag trade".Its still patronising,but not so many foreigners. Funnier,too...........