Eating animals in Chinatown

Left my iPod earphones at home, which is fantastically annoying. Working on poems on the way to work. Little to report at work other than that I received a nice email from the Romy containing lots of links to things like the inside of her new bathroom (strange but true), the apartment they will stay at in Argentina and various appealing kittens who are plotting to weasel their way into the Kenny-Bowers abode in Toronto.

In the evening went off to town where I met Lakshmi in the Salisbury, where I'd been with Sprinkles a week or so before. Wandered off for a bite to eat in Chinatown. Lakshmi is preparing for various adventures, such as going to Russia via Finland for a party, which partially explained why she is on a fierce Atkins diet and mainly ate animals. Nice to see her again. I am pleased that Aimee put us in touch as you can never have enough friends.

Homeward bound, and feeling most peeved that I had nothing to read, and nothing to listen to due to an absence of earphones. A woman sat next to me and swore volubly over the phone before slumping to sleep. Her head came to rest on my shoulder before she jerked up and stared at me accusingly. Marvellous.

The journey back to Brighton seemed to take a lifetime. Then blessed home, and a doses of sparkling mineral water to try to flush out the dratted MSG which never agrees with me.

Comments

aimee said…
I too am pleased you are friends, but it won't be really real till we all go for beverages together! Bring on the summer!
xx