Blue is the colour

Awoke early at Andros and Sophie's place. Got up and had a long chat with Andros. I was interested to hear that he had once known Steve Howe quite well. Howe is the legendary Yes guitarist and one of my all time heroes. Andros had nothing but nice things to say about him - a very modest and likable man apparently.

Off to the park for breakfast. Electra took me to watch her swing about on parallel bars, do handstands, and tell me about a debate about cats and dogs they had at school. She was on the side of the dogs, but took a dim view of a big Afghan when it appeared. Cristof and Electra are good kids.

A nice breakfast in the open air, then Sophie and Electra came with me on the tube, and we played twenty questions, before I got off to catch the Victoria line, and headed home cheerfully

A wonderful afternoon, watching the FA Cup final. Didier Drogba with a skillful one-two with Frank Lampard and a glorious goal, proved what centuries of philosophers could not: that there was a God. What's more he is a Chelsea supporter. I felt obliged to text this observation to Anton, Manchester United supporter as he is. But annoyingly crowing opportunities were few, as Anton and Anna were in Bath to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

Enjoyed hearing the early 70s Chelsea anthem "Blue is the Colour" sung lustily, and couldn't help thinking of Dave, my grandfather, who would have enjoyed the result greatly too. But sadly he is not textable.

Feeling a bit drained so opted for quiet night in, where I had the opportunity to speak to Sprinkles at some length, followed by an early night.