Canned sunshine

Up early and decided that today would be all about painting. I have decided to warm up the colours in my house. Have a rich warm yellow and a dark red. I put the red in my study (influenced by my recent trips to Arundel Castle and Brighton Pavilion) and some yellow in my bedroom and in the living room. Felt a bit like a murderer afterwards stuffing red paper and rags into the bin. But the yellow is like painting sunshine on the walls and I love it.

Spoke to Sprinkles briefly a couple of times, in the morning and last thing at night, but I was being a bit brain dead both times. But she is home safely, and doing Sarah type-things like having her nails done and seeing her Uncle and Aunt.

Meanwhile in the evening, feeling tired and a bit coldy, I watched Fire Walk With Me, the Twin Peaks prequel by David Lynch. Got genuinely creeped out by it at some stages. Laura Palmer's descent into destruction was genuinely horrible, and reminded me a bit of a prototype Inland Empire. I understand the film got terrible reviews but I really enjoyed it, having as it did all the disturbing Lynch hallmarks.

Looking at Weezer's aka Diane June's camouflage pictures on her NeoImages webpage and am going to buy one called Felon. I have always loved her use of colour, and her artists statement about her work is worth reading. I've always been interested in how she depicts small, often despised, animals and insects blending in, and the tension between hiding and revealing.

Comments