A welcome Felon

A bit of a Moanday. Dreary weather, and I felt a bit dreary too, despite work being fine. I worked through lunch and left promptly.

Finished the audio book about Samuel Pepys, enjoyed it and learned quite a lot too. I read it partly because I am one of the millions who keep blogs. Pepys wrote his in a type of shorthand and left the six leather bound volumes with the rest of his books which he bequeathed to a university library. They were found much later, and were initially rewritten and badly edited. And they were not published unmolested and in their entirety until the 1970s, about three hundred years later.

When I started this blog a few years ago, I had in mind some sort of lofty literary journal, but it has turned into more of a diary. Obviously there are a few things I cannot talk about in it, but these are few.

When I arrived home there was a note to say that a package had been left with my next door neighbour. It was the painting from Diane June, called Felon. It felt very cool to have a piece of art sent to me from New York. I am absolutely delighted with it, but have not yet settled on a place for it to live. I will post a picture and more info about Diane's work in a day or so.

Spent the evening editing down the soundfiles, and am a few hours work away from sending them off to the radio station. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Anton's humour comes across very well, and I think we have the makings of a good double act.

Comments