That's why they call them the blues

Plunged into a wormhole of work with the Gnome. Locked away all day, and some of the evening, weaselling out the reluctant conceptual rabbits for a job that had to be done today. Meanwhile I was feeling bleak and paranoid but the Gnome was steady which helped.

I did manage to lope off to a new chiropractor called Claire. My back has been giving me unspeakable gyp over the last couple of weeks. She was the first English chiropractor I've ever had, and did a great job. My favourite chiropractor so far, however, was an Australian called Belinda who although scarcely larger than a wallaby managed to crack and womanhandle me better than any of the others, often by literally bouncing up and down on me.

Work all day, and ended up having some late drinks in the office bar, gradually feeling less paranoid and shifty.

Had to stand most of the way home on the late train. It was full of blue: glum-looking Chelsea fans, one of whom I talked to, after he told me about having endured a tedious nil-nil game with the accursed Manchester United. United in a mockery of all that is decent have just managed to become Champions this year, taking the title away from Chelsea. I told him about how Dave my Granddad had become a Chelsea fan, on the spur of the moment just as he served a Chelsea bun in his parents' cafe in Guernsey, and how he had gone on to name his house "Chelsea". But soon I realised that I was boring the living daylights out of the poor sod, so we continued the journey in silence.

Home late, via the Chinese takeaway, then slipped into bed with my back feeling better than it had done for a long while.

Comments