A rainy Bank holiday

Another day of unmitigated rain. I worked on my poems first thing for a couple of hours. Really feel like I am making progress. Then went out for a mooch in the drizzle where I was randomly raged-at by a driver as I walked along the pavement which made me want to punch his head.

After walking for an hour or so down by the sea I began to feel curiously queasy and out of sorts. In the drizzle, home was a big and clever place to be on a dire, cold day.

The rest of the day much pleasanter and enjoyed hanging out with with Anton and Anna and the bairns. Finally took the package Sprinkles had sent to me for them up the road. Photos of Anna and Anton in their kitchen, and a strange photo of me and Anton in clashing loud shirts, which I have too.

Anna cooked a roast chicken and Jersey potatoes and organic greens and asparagus. Heard all about her work trip to Budapest, and Anton and Anna's anniversary trip to Bath. A bit later as the kids went to bed, I was invited to read bedtime stories to Klaudia. One about farmyard animals, and the other about a polar bear and a seal. Anton and Anna and Baby Oskar were all listening too and it felt quite primeval somehow.

Anton and I then slid off for a short time to the Nelson pub where we spread Ordnance Survey maps of Sussex out upon the table. A pint or two of Harveys were sipped as we discussed our quest and the project. We aim now to try to finish it off in three consecutive days.

Home and I was rather brain dead, and spoke to Sprinkles for an hour or so before heading off to bed full of gloom about having to go to work tomorrow.

Comments