Woke up this morning... der-der der der

The January Blues is almost palpable. Commuters looking particularly grey-faced and etched with ennui this morning. As for me, I'm still cheery but my now-traditional January hobble in full force. So it is back to the bloody quack again tomorrow as the FB thinks I may have ruptured a tendon.

Work subdued, and I fiddled with scraps in the office revising other people's work on utilities, and snow leopards, and writing a jovial pitch blog. The Gnome is on holiday for the week.

Left the office a little early to ensure I had a good hobbling start. Some defective train on the line meant that it was cancelled (wouldn't have happened in Japan). As I shuffled with the purgatorial mobs on the platform, trying not to stand on the wrong leg, I lurched into a bleak looking Spooner: the January Blues in person. He was looking about him and saying "if you could bottle the pissed offness of people on this platform..."

He introduced me to a man who used to live down my Twitten who told me about collaring an inept thief crashing about in his yard. His wife phoned the police to say that it was important they understood that the big black bloke with the stick wasn't the criminal. Then an old boss of mine and Spooner's called Bob appeared, neither of us had seen him for some time and there was a bit of friendly banter. Mercifully a train pulled apologetically into the station and it was every man for himself.

Home at last, and I lay low uploading a few more Japanese pictures that you can see by scrolling down from here.

Comments

aimee said…
Happy New Year - amazing Japan stories - I have never really been interested in visiting that part of the world until now... hope your floaty holiday feeling stays with you for a while yet!

Take care, chat soon
a