The return of Orc Foot

Two weeks of limping heavily took their toll and my ankle painfully seized up overnight and is very hard to walk on. I lay in bed with my ankle throbbing, the rain pouring down outside, and my boiler making unspeakable groans and I decided that today would be an excellent day to drag myself off to a knacker's yard and simply get it all over with.

Instead as work was quiet, and I had a day off owed me from last year, I loped like an orc in the rain down to the surgery, and took the day off. The friendly Irish locum doctor insisted again that I sound Irish too. I don't but he is a nice guy. Anyway he gave me some fast-acting horse pills, and by evening I could walk without much pain.

Half a dozen futile calls to plumbers. But otherwise I very much enjoyed being at home, although I can't seem to write anything. Instead I enjoyed drawing while listening to my Lord of the Rings audio book. And I cooked the splendid homemade butternut, bacon, leek and lentil soup of my own devising.

Talked via IM with Sarah while she was at work, about flowers and dragonflies, which she counts as lucky omens, and the glories of food.

Early to bed.

Comments