Fear and Trembling

Work is not buttering my parsnips at the moment. Took two briefs today, one of which is a healthcare one and potentially quite exciting. Sadly I have have undergone a successful enthusiasm bypass, but I expect enthusiasm's close cousin Fear will kick in soon and make me pull my finger out.

Slightly disturbing is the fact that the office is trembling. This is due to massive machines tearing up the concrete on the building site next door. I enquired about whether this was normal and was told it wasn't.

Still, there are conversations to be had. The Gnome showed me two new clever jazz chords on the guitar; Trace and I went for a walk at lunchtime by the cold river talking about relationships and psychological insights, and passed a winter tree full of parakeets. I still find this quite surreal even though they have become quite common now. Later, after sitting in another briefing, I went for a quick walk and gossip with the French Bloke just for a breath of air.

Also on the train home I found myself sitting next to Pam, who with her husband Nick, was one of the couples at Klaudia's party at the weekend. Have met her a few times before and always enjoyed talking to her, and we chatted all the way to Brighton.

Thank God I could detox today. Need to repeat this for the next few days too, and hopefully this will help the cursed dry skin business.

Most enjoyable flirting with Sarah in Florida in the evening by IM. Every time we talk she leaves me feeling more cheerful and positive than when she found me. She's a dab of butter on the parsnip of life.

Comments