More rupture than rapture

Woke up at 5 am this morning and was unable to get back to sleep. Got up early and then went to see the doctor. Turns out that I have ruptured the soleus muscle in my calf. It should however recover with time. But it smarts, and is galling.

Then hobbled off to work, but found myself in a tetchy mood. At the moment I keep being asked to redo work I have already done, and it is the most tedious nothing jobs that are coming back. For some reason it is making me feel furious or like Michaelangelo being asked to paint a toilet wall, and then being told that it needs another coat.

Was phoned and told that the Polish guy who burgled my house was given a seven month prison sentence. It's almost as if they expect you to be whooping with delight when they phone you and tell you this. But I must be soft as I can't help feeling sorry for him, even though he caused me a huge amount of trouble. But because his sentence is custodial, I won't get any criminal compensation i.e. no cash back for me.

On a brighter note I was called by Carl, and by Shaila neither of whom I have spoken to for some time. Carl is talking about coming down south in a month or so to see me and Maddog, which is excellent. His health is better after his heart attack last year, and he is looking after himself. His business seems to be going well too. While Shaila is back from Hong Kong and Thailand so we will meet shortly. Also had a quick chat with Max the Mentor. And emails from Mex too re-arranging our evening out.

Missed my train again. As the tube train heading to Victoria simply changed destination without letting any of the passengers know, which was tiresome.

Home to homemade chicken and lentil soup and a generous glass of wine.

Comments